Sunday, July 29, 2012

Life with Calin!

July 4th. I'm so glad I have a few pictures to remember this day by. Lots of good and not so good memories...

Because our life revolves around Calin's feedings (he is a lazy, fussy, SLOW eater) we missed the parade and Robby's niece and nephew running the races at our little town park. We did make it up there to wander around with Robby's family and watch the kids do all the booths.



This is us leaving the park...yeah Calin slept the whole time; missed all the excitement!


That evening we enjoyed a BBQ with Robby's family and then planned to watch the big St. George fireworks. However, we wanted to watch them up on a hill above St. George to see everything. The fireworks were happening right around when Calin was going to be hungry. So we went up early so I could feed him in the car and then we would already be up there to watch. Well, it took forever to find parking and then Calin didn't eat very good. We grabbed all our stuff and went out to find a spot to watch. The fireworks were not great and Robby got a nice present all over his shirt...a LOT of spit up. :( We spent most of the fireworks show cleaning up spit-up.

He is terribly happy about me taking a picture of him with spit up all over!

Then, on our way home we got pulled over because our taillight was out. By the time we got home I could not help but think "why did we even bother to take a newborn to watch fireworks when he would not even know what was going on". It's all funny now, but at the time I just felt like I never wanted to take Calin out again. It was just too much work!

However, life went on and he and I have managed many more outings together. We even managed a trip up to Salt Lake to see some family. It was kind of a last minute trip but we were so glad we went. Calin was an awesome traveler; he just slowed us down a little to eat every now and again. We were able to see lots of my cousins which was great! I carried my camera around with me, but never got a picture. Go figure. Here are a few my mom got.


Visiting with cousins!


Kelli and Lars had their little boy 2 weeks before we had Calin!


Checking out Uncle Josef


Grandma with the two newest great-grandkids! (and a few others)


My grandma with ALL of her great-grandkids together!

We are so happy to have Calin in our lives! Here are a few favorite things we like to do:

Take baths!



Make lots of silly and expressive faces!




Play and read stories with Dad! (Calin LOVES his Dad-he lights up when Dad is playing or talking with him!)


Brainwash our child to like the sports we like. (I'm still working on finding a Manchester United onesie and I have his swimming suit all ready to go!)


Fall asleep on people...much to my dismay...I have tried so hard for this not to be a preference, but our poor little gassy baby often just needs some love while he is so uncomfortable and trying to get some sleep.

Basically July has been a lot of time with Calin and enjoying being a happy little family! We are so grateful to have Calin and so lucky to have such a happy and healthy little boy!



No comments:

Post a Comment