Monday, September 10, 2012

End of Summer??

Recently I feel like I have seen a lot of posts on facebook about "the end of summer". I'm not really sure how it can be the end of summer when it is still 105 degrees outside and I don't have to go back to school!! The 105 degrees I could do without, but not having to go back to work is fantastic!

Here are a few of the things we have been doing over the past few weeks to celebrate "the end of summer".

The Saturday of Labor Day Weekend we went up to Baker Reservoir with Hollie (Robby's Sister), Jimmy, Gracie, and Preston. I spent most of the time shielding Calin from the sun or wind and then feeding him. Hollie was nice and sat and visited with me while I fed Calin. Robby, Jimmy, Gracie and Preston were fishing (attempting anyways-the wind kept blowing their lines right back to them) and playing.

After everyone had had their fill of fishing we went over to a little creek that runs off of the reservoir down in this little shaded meadow area. It was really pretty and nice and cool as well (a welcomed break from the St. George heat!). Calin enjoyed playing on the blanket with a break from the wind and sun! We also got some pretty pictures there too!

I love it when he looks right at the camera with those bright blue eyes!


He has discovered his tongue in the last week and also has gotten quite good at blowing lots of bubbles!


My two blue eyed boys!


I sure do love this little boy!


Calin has really been loving Dad lately! He gets so excited to see, hear, and play with Dad! It is really cute!


Our little family!


The Salley family! We really enjoy hanging out with them! Thanks for inviting us!


My mom came into town on Labor Day to spend the week with us. It has been so nice to have her here so much this summer! On Tuesday we canned peaches. It was my first time canning. Thanks mom and grandma for providing the peaches, helping, and showing me how! Robby went to work.


On Wednesday my mom came over and watched Calin while I was on a bike ride. She also did a bunch of deep cleaning for me! She is awesome to clean on her vacation! Robby went to work again.
Then we hung out and ate dinner over at my grandma's.

Thursday my mom stayed inside and cleaned the bathroom while Calin slept and I went out to do some much needed weeding. We have these crazy weeds that grow like 5 ft. in a few days. I'm not kidding when I say they were taller than me! That afternoon we went to a fun toy store and Christensen's to look for some new clothes for Calin since he is growing so much. Robby went to work again. :(

Thanks to a last minute Tuacahn discount and my mom being here to watch Calin, Robby and I were able to go see Aladdin that night. It was my second long night away from Calin. I was mostly able to enjoy the night away. I am a worrier and worry about everything anyways, so I did worry. Not because I didn't think he would be just fine or that he wasn't in good hands (my mom is the best!), but just worried being away. Especially since lately night time has been his fussy time and he has a hard time calming down to go to sleep. But, he did just fine and we really enjoyed Aladdin! Tuacahn does an awesome job and it is such a fun theater to go to! Glad they had a last minute deal in the newspaper!

Friday Robby had to work in the morning, (he usually has Fridays off) so my mom and I went shopping again. Then that afternoon we went to the pool! The water was pretty cold but still a nice relief from the heat! Calin enjoyed another swim in the pool! It is fun to get him in! I can't wait until he is a little bigger and can enjoy it for longer!



Warming up after his dip in the pool!



Enjoying hanging out with Grandma...she let's him "be free"! Yea no diaper! :)


That evening we hung out at my grandma's again and had delicious hamburgers, fruit, and gingerbread and peaches for dessert.
Grandma burping Calin while he shows off is ability to hold his head up better!



Hanging out with Grandma and Great Grandma!


It was such a wonderful week full of fun with my mom and grandma! I am so lucky to have such an awesome mom who has sacrificed most of her summer to be here with us! I'm glad she has had a chance to be around Calin and sad that we won't see her for a while! Thanks mom for everything! We sure do miss having her around!

It has been a great "end of summer"!!

3 comments:

  1. He has grown so much!! What a darling little boy, and great pictures. Thanks for sharing! Being in the midwest, I am soooo glad that summer is fading, it was way to hot and humid for my taste. Glad you are enjoying the perpetual summer of Dixie! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its about time! I've been waiting for a post forever! Sad I haven't been able to visit hardly at all this summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are sad too! You will have to come visit soon!

      Delete