Friday, November 9, 2012

Major Catch-up=Extremely long post

Way back on October 20th Robby did the Warrior Dash in Vegas.  It was a lot of fun to go down for the day and watch him race! He did awesome (especially considering his lack of training) and seemed to have a really good time! His two brother-in-laws, Jimmy and Austin, did it with him. 

 Everyone getting ready!


 Calin ready to watch Dad run! He was such a trooper the whole day!


 Before the race...happy and smiling!



 Off they go!


 Robby on a couple of the obstacles we were able to see.


 All done! Still happy and smiling!


Nice job boys!  Now go jump in the lake and get cleaned up!


That next week (October 24th) I got to experience what having twins might have been like.  My friend Maria, who lives in Vegas, had a meeting for work here in St. George.  I was lucky enough to watch Parker for her for the afternoon.  He is the exact same age as Calin to the day!  They are birthday twins!   It was a lot of fun, but I am very glad Robby came home about half way through to help me tag team.  Not sure how those moms out there with twins do it!!??

 Not sure what's going on...
 Every once in a while they would turn and look at each other and reach over and try to grab the other. It was pretty funny to watch them investigate and try to figure each other out.


 This is how Robby found me when he got home...they had both just gone through a little (or a lot) crying and fussing (Calin had had shots the day before and I think Parker was just missing mom) and after trading off one baby...then the other...and so on, I finally just picked them both up and went outside and sat on our porch.  They were both happy and content for a while!



 Maria hung out for a little while before she had to go and it was fun to watch these two together!  Hope we can have more play dates in the future!!


After Calin's 4 month check-up (October 23rd) we started him on Rice Cereal.  The first two times were pretty funny, but since then he is a pro! That boy sure does love his food!  We have given him sweet potatoes and squash and he just eats it right up (no funny faces).  So fun to have him starting to eat other foods besides just breast feeding and formula!! 

Mmmmmm...sweet potatoes!


The Saturday before Halloween was Dixie's homecoming.  We went downtown to watch the homecoming parade.  We then headed to town square where they were having a Halloween festival type thing as a fundraiser for the school district.  They had lots of booths and games and things that Calin was too little for and we were too big for.  It was still fun to be out in the nice weather!  We did go over and ride the Carousal though. Dad took Calin...I was worried about getting sick from going around in circles.  Rides are not my thing. 

 Getting ready to ride!


The week before Halloween Calin really started getting interested in his feet and also started to figure out that they could help his momentum to roll.  
 I love him playing with his feet like this! I think it is so cute! 

He didn't quite get the roll though until October 30th.  We were at the church for Young Women's and I had Calin playing on the floor while the girls were practicing a dance for Young Women in Excellence.  He was so excited to watch the cute girls he rolled himself right over so he could see better!! It was pretty funny.  He did it again that night at home and now is rolling to both sides!



He rolls! Ignore my excitement...I really wanted him to roll so Robby could see since he had missed it earlier. 


Halloween was a lot of fun.  We had a great day!  Here are some pictures to show you some of the things we did!

 Went trick-or-treating to Great Grandma Ila's!  We love visiting Great Grandma!

 We had Halloween sloppy joes for dinner!  (My mom did this sometimes for us and I thought it would be fun to do again!) 


 Trick-or-treating to Grandma and Grandpa Comeford's! They were quite excited to see our little lion!


 We were looking for Dorothy all night...never did find her??!!


 After trick-or-treating to a few neighbors (mostly just to show Calin off) we sat outside with the fire and handed out candy and visited with our neighbors that live in our little coldesac.  The ghost is Robby's new addition to the Halloween decor this year...he made it!!


 We stopped by the Salley's (Robby's sister Hollie and brother-in-law Jimmy) Halloween party for just a little bit.  They have quite the pirate decor and have a party every year! Calin was showing off his rolling skills and playing with cousin Gracie. 

 
Robby's full costume...he did not want to wear it all night...it was a little hard to move in. 

Our cute little lion...holding his tail! If I only had the nerve! 


Life has been busy, but lots of fun!  We are loving every minute with Calin and rejoice in all his milestones.  I wish he would nap better (naps last about 20-30 minutes) but once he gets to sleep at night (around 10 or 11) he sleeps pretty good.  I can't complain too much, he is a wonderful little boy!  He is growing so fast and learning new things every day!  We are such proud parents! 

 Look! I can hold my own bottle! (with a little help every now and again!)






5 comments:

  1. How fun to have a reunion with Maria and her baby. That is crazy that they were born on the same day. Your little Calin is so cute. I love his lion costume!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! We ran into each other a couple years ago when she was up here for work and now see each other every once in a while when she is here! Very fun to have babies on the same day! We should all meet up in Vegas or something sometime!

      Delete
    2. That would be great! Chris actually has a race there in March, so I will have to get in touch with you guys before we come.

      Delete
  2. Definitely can see Robbie/Bob in the picture of Calin getting ready to ride the carousel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Calin is wondering about surprise face in picture #4. Also... your excitement in the video was quite exuberant. Glad he is growing up! I need more entertainment in my life.

    ReplyDelete