Calin's Stats:
Weight: 17.61 lbs. (52%)
Height: 27.17 in. (76%)
Head: 16.5 in. (10%)
Calin has gotten really good at rolling and can roll both ways, front to back and back to front. His left side is sometimes still a little more difficult for him, but he just keeps working until he gets there! I often leave the living room with him in once place and then come back maybe very shortly after leaving and he is across the room! This boy can move!
Calin is a little ball of energy. His legs and hands never stop moving he is constantly kicking and wiggling. Once he starts crawling and walking I'm done for! I will never be able to keep up with all his energy! Good thing Dad will be around to help with that!
Calin still loves books; especially when he can get his hands on them!
Calin's sleeping habits are not super. However, they are not horrible either. He takes ok naps. They are usually only about 30-40 minutes long though. If I catch him right after he wakes up from his afternoon nap I can usually get him to go back to sleep for about another hour. It doesn't always work though. Nights are hit and miss. Sometimes he sleeps through the night, sometimes he is up once, sometimes twice, sometimes three times. I wish I could figure out why it's all over the place. I try to repeat everything we did on the nights he sleeps through, but it doesn't seem to help with the repeat. Hopefully one day he will get it!
Calin gets better and better at sitting up by himself. He stills doesn't have it completely and can usually only hold if for a little while, but he is getting there!
He wants to crawl so badly! He has found other ways to kind of scoot himself forward though. He will roll front to back and then back to front over and over and moves forward doing this. He will also bury his head down in the ground and the push with his feet and knees to scoot forward. He tries to get his knees up under him but can't quite get it. It's coming soon though!
I took this picture:
And then my phone vibrated and Calin dove...
...yes! I got it! (Uncle Josef would be proud...maybe a future goalie?)
And now I think I'll eat it!
Oh I'm sorry, were you trying to take a picture of me?
Dad LOVES to play with Calin! It is a mutual love though! Calin loves
it just as much as Dad does! Dad is working on training him to do a
high five and it is getting better and better! Robby does have Calin trained to make noise when he puts his
finger in between his lips and goes up and down. Calin will also make
noise when Robby bounces his belly to make a ah ah ah ah ah noise.
We love his little "huh huh" laugh that he does. He will often entertain himself and make himself laugh like this. It is quite hilarious!
He loves to play games and is very smart! I love in this video how he rolls, looks at Robby, and waits for Robby's reaction. He is just too funny!
Calin is sometimes afraid of the blow dryer. If I turn it on and he can't see my face reassuring him it's ok he starts crying. Silly little boy!
The only food so far that Calin is not fond of is bananas. He will eat them when we mix it with his rice cereal, but he still makes some pretty good faces!
We just barely moved him up to size 3 diapers and he is well into his 6 month and 6-9 month clothes but still has a few 3-6 month clothes that fit. Crazy how big he is getting!
SO cute! I totally saw his personality shining through the day we got together. He is so energetic! I love the videos of him, especially with him rolling, and Robby's reaction. SO funny! Hope we can get together again soon!
ReplyDeleteI don't know how you get anything done, except for playing with Calin. He's too entertaining!
ReplyDeleteHe looks like such a happy little boy. So cute!
ReplyDelete