Last Thursday Robby had a disastrous ending to his church B-ball game. Another player came down from a shot and his elbow ran into Robby's forehead. This was the result:
I got a call about 8:45 and loaded up Calin, (it was past bed time and I was hoping he would just fall asleep in the car on the way to the ER). picked up Robby at the church (a friend brought his car home for us), and drove over to the ER. Luckily it was not too crazy and we got right in. However, once in to the room we had to wait about 45 minutes for the doctor to come do the stitches. Calin did not fall asleep and was intrigued by the new place, new people, and new shiny things to look at. I tried to get him to sleep while the doctor stitched Robby up. He got close a few times, but would wake up to a noise or movement. Oh well. It was a late night for all of us!
Around 10:30, eleven stitches and a hefty $ payment later we were on our way home. It was a sad and painful night for Robby!
Tuesday, Parker (my friend Maria's son) came to visit again! Parker and Calin are exactly the same age to the day and we found out this visit, only 15 minutes apart! Crazy! We hope they are going to be good little buds!
| Checking each other out! |
| Whoa what's this!? |
| They both kept grabbing at each others faces. I had to keep pulling hands away to keep them from grabbing each other too hard. |
Both babies were much happier this visit! I was able to maintain happiness and control for almost 2 hours before Robby got home. It was good he came when he did because then both babies started to get a little hungry and cranky! Parker had a rough last 1/2hour before mom got back. Then Maria and I took the two boys out with us for dinner! It was great to have them come visit!!
Also, last Wednesday we celebrated my birthday. It was a pretty low key day (despite a disastrous blow out). I was able to enjoy lunch and dinner out with Robby and Calin. That night we had an ice cream cake here at our house with Robby's family. It was a great day! In the pictures above you can see one of my exciting presents! A bike trailer! I am so excited for it to get warmer so I can try it out!



Does your bike trailer have attachable rails like the family we saw on the X-C course--one pulling a toddler on a sled, one pulling a trailer on sled rails, and the oldest (probably about 6) on her own skiis! I was impressed; I have a hard enough time getting myself around the course. Looking forward to bike trips with Calin!
ReplyDelete