The end of June and beginning of July were pretty crazy and busy with lots of fun and lots of driving!
On June 28th I left Calin and Robby to fend for themselves and I drove to San Diego to meet up with some great friends and old roommates of mine from BYU. It was a blast!! I did miss my boys, but had a fabulous girls weekend full of great conversation, delicious food, and lots of fun! It was a much needed trip for me to enjoy some time with friends I have not seen in far too long and to have a little break for myself! So glad we were able to all get together, but missed our other two roomies Aubrey and Jordie!
 |
| At Seaport village enjoying some fun shopping! |
I was really nervous about how Calin would do while I was gone, and felt selfish for leaving him so long to go on vacation, but it all turned out well and he and Robby survived and did great!! Sunday was difficult since Robby had meetings and had to sit on the stand, but Robby's mom helped out so they made it through.
I got back late Sunday night. The next day was Robby's birthday and we had a great day celebrating. We started out with chocolate chip pancakes, then enjoyed a nice day and lunch out together as a family. Then we enjoyed cake and presents with Robby's family.
 |
Robby loves peanut butter and chocolate, so what better birthday cake than
a chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting and Reeses to top it off!!?? |
 |
| I must say I was quite proud of this delicious cake! |
 |
| Happy Birthday to the best husband and dad!! We love you! |
Tuesday I started packing and getting everything ready to leave again on Wednesday to go up to Salt Lake for some fun festivities! We did not leave until Wednesday afternoon after Robby got off work and if I can avoid traveling with Calin in the evening I will!! It was a rough last couple of hours of the drive. We made it though and had a great weekend!
Thursday, July 4th, we skipped the patriotic parades and went to the zoo. Robby and I really wanted to take Calin to the zoo because he has been LOVING animals lately. Thursday was the only day it would be good in our schedule so we went up to Hogle Zoo with my parents that morning. It was perfect for our little one year old. The zoo is not terribly big which meant we made it through everything in about an hour and a half which was great for Calin. It was fun to see the animals, but the polar bear really made our whole trip worth it! He was quite friendly and exciting too watch right by the window!! So fun!
We also really enjoyed the black bears, monkeys, elephants, and giraffes! It was a great day at the zoo!
 |
| Robby and Calin in their matching 4th of July shirts! |
 |
| The bears were having a pretty good brawl right there for us to watch! |
 |
| Fun for Calin to see a real tiger! |
 |
Grandma and Grandpa Mielke came with us! We were glad they did!
Calin found a leaf! So entertained by the simplest things! |
After the zoo we went back to the hotel to let Calin take a late nap and to eat lunch. My parents went down to Provo to meet up with my siblings to go see a movie. We decided to make it a day full of living things and went to the aquarium. It was hot outside and we liked the sound of being indoors and air conditioning! Calin had fun playing in the water touching the sting rays and really enjoyed sitting on this rock.
 |
| He was quite upset when we had to move on to another part of the aquarium. |
 |
| Look! This penguin is my size! |
That night we met back up with my family and went to my Uncle and Aunts house for a holiday BBQ. It was fun to eat good food and enjoy time with family!
 |
| Calin was loving this little slide! Robby was teaching Will how to blow on grass. |
 |
| Calin's first sparkler! |
After dinner and delicious homemade ice cream we went back to our hotel. It was perfectly located right by the Sandy City fireworks. We were able to watch on some grass outside our hotel. It was a great show and was perfect for us. Calin was able to watch and then we walked right into the hotel and put him to bed. I was very glad we didn't have to drive somewhere and deal with parking and traffic!



Friday we got up and did some quick shopping for a new big boy car seat for Calin. I am terribly indecisive so it took a lot longer than it should have, but we found one we think will be good and last us a while! After that, we went back to the hotel. I left with my mom and sister to go to a bridal shower for my brother's fiancé and cousin's fiancé. We had a high tea shower at the Grand America hotel. It was so fun!! It was a great tea party with delicious tea, tea sandwiches and delicious desserts. It was a great way to celebrate! Robby and Calin and my dad enjoyed the hotel pool and some airplane shopping while we were partying.
 |
My cousin Britany and I at the shower. I found these great fascinators at a hat shop in San Diego on my trip
and couldn't resist getting them for my sister and I and the two brides to wear to the tea party! |
 |
| Allie (my brother's fiancé) her sister, our two cousins, and my sister! |
 |
| My sister and my brother's girlfriend Summer. |
After the shower we went back to the hotel to get ready for family pictures. It was threatening rain so we had to have a very quick dinner and then rush to get ready to try to miss the rain. It all worked out and we got some great pictures with our whole family!!
Saturday we did a little pajama shopping for Calin at Carter's and then went to the pool with my family for a couple hours. Then we went home and got ready for the family reunion. We headed to sugar house park and enjoyed an afternoon with all my family, my cousins, their kids, aunts, uncles, and my grandma. It was lots of fun until it started pouring rain. It was quite a mess, but I guess a funny memory! It was great to have some time to see everyone and enjoy visiting!
We made our trek home Sunday morning and it was a much better drive than the one there. So glad we got to go up and spend time with all my family. It was a great weekend and I look forward to seeing them all again in a month for the weddings!
Calin/Granpa hat picture at the zoo is pretty good--also great Bear photos!
ReplyDeleteI was about to say the same thing.... I'm glad dad and Calin have matching hats.
ReplyDelete