The basement project has continued and been going since the end of November. I feel like it has been forever and that it will never be done. We told our contractor that it needed to be done by the end of February...that's not happening. All I can say is he better get a move on it and get done before this baby comes!!
Here are a few pictures of where they were about two weeks ago when I took these pictures.
 |
| Right when you come down the stairs looking into the family room. |
 |
| Looking over into other side of family room. . . wish we could have gotten rid of that darn support beam! |
 |
| Looking down the hallway from the family room. |
 |
| The bathroom. |
 |
| Big bedroom. |
 |
| Little bedroom. |
 |
Looking the other way down the hallway from the little bedroom.
|
I am so anxious to have it done and be able to start getting things organized and set up. Most likely they will finish the basement the day or week I go into labor and I won't be able to get any work done down there for a while. :(
Having construction going on in your house is SUPER annoying. I hate having to work around people showing up every morning, coming up and down the stairs tracking dust and dirt all over our house as they go in and out. I hate that our house is a dusty disastrous mess. I don't appreciate the workers using my bathroom and not washing their hands (the bathroom is connected to my room and I have heard multiple times while getting stuff done in my room the toilet flush and then the door opening without the sink running). SO GROSS. I have disinfectant wipes in our bathroom and go in there multiple times a day and wipe everything down and then go and follow their route to the basement and out of the house and wipe the baby gate and door handles, etc. It really bothers me. I am tempted to put up a sign saying to wash hands if they want to use our bathroom but then feel weird explaining that I know they don't wash their hands.
The two main workers that are here (the reason why things go so slow is because there are only 2 of them) are both very nice and willing to do anything to help, but I just really want the basement done. They started painting the last couple days (so now our house reeks of paint). Hopefully they can get the bathroom and trim and finishing touches done fast!!
Can't wait to see how it all turns out and then be able to put it all together with furniture and decorations.
very exciting!. . . maybe just a put a bottle of that disinfectant stuff in the bathroom --maybe they don't want to bother you by using your towels...
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see the finished product!
ReplyDelete