On June 28th we had a family party to celebrate Robby's 40th birthday! It was a great evening and we really enjoyed being able to celebrate this awesome guy! Thanks to my awesome grandma we were able to have Robby's party at her clubhouse. We enjoyed playing in the pool, eating dinner, more pool, opening presents, and cake and ice cream! It was a great evening and I enjoyed being able to do lots of fun things to celebrate this awesome man that I get to be married to!
 |
Clara and I ready for her first swim in the pool!!
|
 |
| She was a little unsure at first, but once she got used to the cold water she seemed quite relaxed and enjoyed it! |
 |
| Dad and Calin enjoying the water guns! |
 |
| This was our swimming crew that afternoon before dinner. |
 |
| Becca enjoyed some tanning instead. |
 |
| Grandma Lundberg and my dad after he swam hanging out with Mia in the shade. |
Inside the clubhouse I had some balloons scattered all over and this table set up with pictures of Robby all throughout his 40 years. It was actually really fun for me because I hadn't ever really looked at a lot of his pictures from when he was younger.
After swimming we came in for dinner and had some delicious bbq pork that was left over from Summer and Josef's Oregon open house. My mom was awesome and brought the leftovers they had frozen down so we could eat them. I also had potato salad, baked beans, chips, and cantaloupe. It was all very delicious! I was quite proud of the beans I'd made. I'd never made baked beans before.
 |
| Aunt Becca and Clara after hanging out before dinner. |
 |
| Some of the crew for dinner. The Salley's came a little late and got there for dinner. |
 |
| More of our partiers after dinner. |
 |
Austin and Tracee were super excited there was a pool table there
and they brought their own sticks to play some pool! |
 |
| More of the partiers! |
After dinner we headed back out for a little more swimming and the evening swimming crew enjoyed a lot of fun games with the squirt guns and water toys I had gotten at the dollar store. They all had tons of fun!
 |
Robby is the biggest kid I know and enjoys everything to the fullest!
So glad I have him to help us enjoy life! |
 |
| They all squirted up in the air for the picture... |
 |
| ...unfortunately it all came down and hit poor Cash in the face and on the head. :( |
 |
Calin was not up for the evening swimming. He enjoyed watching from the
deck and gathering the toys and throwing them into the water. |
 |
| He also enjoyed sitting up on this chair a lot of the afternoon and evening! |
After the evening swim we came in for cake and ice cream. I didn't get a picture of the cake and I also forgot to bring candles. So poor Robby just got sung to and didn't have any candles to blow out. :( I made him his requested cake of a fluffy chocolate coconut cake. It was a chocolate cake with a creamy coconut frosting. It turned out delicious even if the frosting kind of seeped everywhere all down the sides of the cake! Robby said it was just what he'd wanted!
After the cake and ice cream we got to presents. I sat down and fed Clara, but Calin was good to be right there to deliver and help Dad open each of his presents. Robby was spoiled with lots of Home Depot gift cards, a book about 40 Life Lessons you can learn from Uncle Robby (from the Salley's), some books, an awesome car shirt (from Clara and Calin), and a book from everyone that I put together that was "40 Things We Love About Robby". I had everyone contribute and was pretty excited to give it to him to enjoy. We all do love Robby and are glad to have him around!
 |
| The awesome car shirt! |
 |
| Calin loved being able to help open the presents and I enjoyed watching Robby get spoiled while I fed Clara. |
After presents it was a little after 9 so we had to clean up the club house, gather all the party stuff up, and head home to get kids to bed. It was a fun day celebrating Robby's birthday.
The fun didn't stop there though, on his actual birthday (that Tuesday) we had some more celebrations! We enjoyed a delicious breakfast of biscuits and gravy. Robby always loves having this when we go to hotels that have it at their continental breakfasts. So I decided to make it for him to have at home. It was quite delicious!
Then that morning/early afternoon Robby and Calin enjoyed jumping on the trampoline with the sprinklers underneath. Preston and Gracie came a little later and joined in on the fun too!
After the sprinklers, we had everyone over to eat pizza and watch the USA world cup game that was on that day. We put Calin down for a nap after lunch and we finished watching the game after everyone left. That afternoon once Calin woke up we just hung out around the house and then that night we went to dinner with my parents at Texas Roadhouse. It was delicious! We came home and did our usual nightly routine to get the kids to bed and then Robby and I enjoyed our usual evening vegging on the couch watching some TV. We all enjoyed celebrating with Robby for his birthday and he says he had a great birthday! So it was a success!
Great pictures! I missed out on the biscuits and gravy....
ReplyDelete