Thursday, November 6, 2014

Clara is 7 Months!!

Clara is 7 Months!! 


It feels like just yesterday I was writing her 6 month post! Where has the time gone!??  And now she is almost 8 months!!  I am WAY behind on posting this.  I started writing it right after her 7 months but then life got crazy and my evenings (blog posting time) haven't been quite as relaxed.  We put Calin into a "big boy bed" and so we have had lots of LONG evenings!

I made some notes about Clara back in October, but now a lot of what she has/is doing is blurred with what she was doing.  So I'll do the best to remember what she was doing.

Here are some of the things about Clara at 7 months:  (I'm writing it like it's the present to help me remember)


-She still is not the best eater,  she pushes the food out with her tongue.  The last week before she turned 7 months she seemed to make some progress though and was more interested and keeping food in her mouth better.  

-Although she is not the best eater, she is very aware of our food and tries really hard to get it! 


-She occasionally likes to do a little lip vibration spitting thing.  It's not very convenient when she does it when she's trying to eat! 


-She has been very aware of her tongue (as you can see from a lot of these pictures) and it often gets in the way while she is eating! 


-She always has a smile for mom and dad and Calin, and almost always has a smile for anyone else who smiles or says hi to her.  

-She is happy most of the time, and usually only unhappy when she's tired, hungry, or if we leave her alone in a room.  


-The last couple weeks she has been doing a really funny talking voice.  It sounds like she is trying really hard to say real words and it is pretty funny! 

-She also seems to have found her voice and does a lot of screaming/squealing depending on whether she is doing it cause she's happy or mad.  She can be quite noisy! 


-She is sitting up very skillfully, but I still try to put a pillow behind her because she sometimes gets excited or distracted watching Calin and tips over.  

-Rolls around from front and back and both sides and also turns herself around pretty well too.  


-She is very grabby and anything within reach she will get and put into her mouth! 

-She is really starting to show interest in Calin's cars and loves to hold them, play with them, and put them in her mouth. (I only let her play with them when I am there watching her)  


-She still nurses every 3-4 hours and can't seem to give up her late night/early morning feedings.  However, she eats for 10-15 minutes and then she is right back to sleep.  

-She still takes 3 naps.  One mid morning 10 or 11ish.  Then a long afternoon nap around 1.  Then if I give her a little short nap around 5 or 6 she goes to bed better and sleeps better at night.  

-She still wakes up to eat for a late/early feeding around 2 or 3.   I can try to hold her off, but then she just keeps waking up over and over until I feed her.  So most of the time I just give in and feed her so we both can go back to sleep.  Hopefully she'll give it up eventually! 


-We are definitely seeing more and more of her personality come out.  She is very sweet and content most of the time, but we are starting to see little bits of a temper show up every once in a while.  


-She still loves Calin and is always happy to be around or near him and is starting to try to get involved in whatever he is doing and wants to get her hands on the toys he's playing with! 


-She likes to spend her afternoons outdoors with Calin and Dad riding on the wiggle bike with dad and Clara in the bjorn.


-She is always watching everyone and everything around her.  Especially Calin. 



We love our little "Clarabelle"!  She brings so much joy to all our lives and we don't know what we did without her!!

2 comments:

  1. I just looked at these pictures again. I love this series of Clara. It shows all of her personality!

    ReplyDelete