This last weekend was a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I forgot to take my camera everywhere we went. :( So I have no pictures to show for any of it!
On Friday Robby, Calin and I went to Swiss Days over in Santa Clara. It is a cute little festival celebrating the Swiss pioneers that settled in Santa Clara. I think I especially appreciate this festival because some of my heritage are people that helped settle Santa Clara. They have food, games, and booths. I'm excited for Calin to get a little older and participate in some of the kids pioneer games they have. They also have a parade on Saturday morning. We missed the parade this year, but the past few years have gone and it is my all time favorite parade to go to! We went Friday night and had some yummy food, wandered around the booths, started having a funnel cake before Calin broke down. We left and went over to my Grandma's to get the poor starving boy some food. We got to watch the end of the BYU game and visit with my grandma. It was a great night!
Saturday we went over to the temple (Calin's first visit to the temple) and watched my cousin Maren's kids while they went to a wedding. It was fun to watch and get to know her 4 kids a little better! We had a lot of fun and were glad they called us to come! Calin was a trouper and hung out in his stroller with Dad most of the time.
Then we grabbed a quick lunch and went home to watch Gracie and Preston (Robby's sisters kids) for the afternoon. Hollie and Jimmy were working at their booth at Swiss Days. We took the kids to the park for the afternoon and enjoyed playing in the creek, playing soccer, and tag on the play ground! Calin was great and slept through most of it!
Sunday was a big day for Robby. He has been called into the Bishopric in our ward. I am really excited for him and think he will have lots of fun adventures! It does make our lives a little more busy and complicated though. Being the Young Women's president has already kept me pretty busy and overwhelmed! Now Robby will be busy on mutual nights too! So Calin will either be home with a sitter or come along with me if I'm not in charge of the activity! Poor Robby will be gone a little more, but we are still glad he only works Monday through Thursday and we can have him all Friday and Saturday! :)
Lastly, Calin got his first cold. :( I got sick first and must have passed it to him. It has not been too bad, but it is definitely so sad to have a little sniffling baby who can't figure out why he feels so miserable. He has handled it pretty well though and has still been sleeping fairly good at night. All the shoulders of my shirts though are covered in snot! He thinks my shirt is the place to wipe his nose off. That's a lovely habit! Thanks for that Calin! Now Robby has the cold too. And so begins the life of sharing germs!!
I had no idea that you are the YW president! I know you are great. You guys are going to be pretty busy.
ReplyDelete