Sunday, March 17, 2013

Spring Break

For Robby's spring break last week we made the trek up to Oregon again.  It is a LONG drive but totally worth the quiet relaxing time we have to spend there.  When I go home to LaGrande I feel like time slows way down, which was great!  No church callings to worry about, no laundry piles and dishes staring me in the face, wonderful dinners, and quality time with my family!  I love it! 

We left on Friday afternoon and stopped in Provo to have dinner with my two brothers.  I didn't get any pictures though. :(  It was fun to visit with them and meet Allie, Erich's girlfriend.  Then we got up EARLY Saturday morning to finish our drive.  Calin is such a good boy to travel with.  The last leg of the trip he is usually pretty restless and cranky, but aren't we all after being in the car for 12 hours!  

He got to drive all on his own this trip! (Christmas he had some help from Dad) ;)

We got to LaGrande Saturday afternoon and enjoyed visiting and giving Calin some time to play and wiggle.  Sunday we went to church and enjoyed seeing old friends and getting to have Robby sit with us instead of being on the stand!  Saturday and Sunday were still a little chilly and so Calin had to have the snowsuit on to  keep warm. 

                                               

Most of the days we were there we relaxed in the morning, took naps, went on walks around the neighborhood, visited the neighborhood park and other parks in town to swing and play, chased Mia around the kitchen, ate lunch with Grandma and Grandpa, another nap, sometimes another walk, and then played with Grandma and Grandpa in the evening.  

We saw deer on a lot of our walks!  
On Monday evening we went to check out Grandma at her bell choir practice.  It was fun to see, however Calin had mysteriously scratched his finger right before we went and so was not super happy and kept trying to pull the band-aid off which would just make it hurt again.  So we didn't stay long but it was fun to hear some of the movie theme songs they were doing! 


Tuesday was Robby and I's second anniversary.  That night my mom watched Calin while Robby and I enjoyed a nice dinner out just the two of us!  It was great to have some time together to celebrate! Thanks mom! 

During the day we went to Riverside park to have some variety in our park visits.  Robby and I enjoyed the big swings!  We don't have swings like that in St. George. :(   Calin enjoyed the new park and had fun on the swings, the merry-go-round, the slides, and checking out all of the different features at the "castle" themed park! 



I love the faces I get in all his swinging pictures!  
Glad Robby can handle the spinning merry-go-round.  I would have gotten sick! 

Calin loved this cool swing! 



During our visit I got to visit with some high school friends who are living La Grande.  I didn't get pictures with everyone, but did get a few cute ones of my dear friend Amanda and her cute little daughter Eilie. So excited for her to have another little baby soon!! So fun to catch up with everyone! 


Neither of them wanted their picture taken...this was the best I got. 
Here are some other pictures of things Calin enjoyed during our spring break visit to Grandma and Grandpa's!  

Calin had a love/nervous relationship with Mia.  He loved to be around her, but also
got a little nervous when he would reach to pet her.  It was pretty cute! 
Calin would just army crawl around the kitchen following Mia. 
Unfortunately he couldn't keep up. :( 
Every once in a while Mia would come over and sniff Calin
but mostly she was nervous around him and would run away. 

Loved playing (or banging) on the piano with Grandpa. 

Had lots of fun playing and reading stories all week with Grandma! 
Loved watching out the window watching all the cars drive by. 

Cute picture of mom and Calin! 

Chewing on an apple with dad! 

One day we visited my parents at work.  Grandpa gave Calin this golf ball to play with and
he did not want to let it go the rest of the day.  He even fell asleep with it! 

Hanging outside on the deck with Grandpa.
It was a wonderful week!  Thanks Mom and Dad for everything! We had a great time!  We made the long drive back home over Friday and Saturday.  We had a nice stop in Salt Lake and visited with my Aunt Karen and did some shopping for some new cute clothes for our growing boy.  When we got home Calin was so excited to get out of the car seat and roll and wiggle around on the floor.  Robby and I left him playing in the living room playing while we started unloading the car.  We turned around to come inside and look who had followed us outside!  This little boy is on the move! 



No comments:

Post a Comment