Sunday, December 8, 2013

Crazy Start to December!!

We started the week off with a busy Monday night.  As soon as Robby got home from work we had to run to Costco to do some Christmas present investigations.  Then we hurried home for dinner and then went over to the Washington City tree lighting for just a few minutes before we headed over to Tracee and Austin's for cousin Becca's birthday party.  


Monday night my throat started to hurt and so began my week of sickness.  Tuesday morning we woke up to SNOW.  I was not feeling great, but knew I needed to get Calin outside to play in it!  We both bundled up to stay dry and warm and went out to play.  We attempted a snow man, but could not get the snow to stay packed enough to build one.  I tried just scooping it into a pile and packing it, but as soon as I started to make progress Calin would trample it. He was just having fun exploring.  

Making "snow balls." 

"Throwing snow balls"

Tramping around in his "boots". 

Happy to be outside! 

He wanted to swing, so he tried brushing the snow off.  It just went all over him.  He gave up pretty fast on swinging. 

After about 45 minutes outside he started to want me to carry him everywhere.  It was pretty cold still and so we both went inside to warm up.  I was glad he got cold so I could go in and rest a little bit from the freezing! Tuesday I really started to feel miserable with my throat and got a fever.  I thought I was just catching the cold that Calin had had and then given to Robby.  So I ignored it and thought it would just turn into a stuffy nose.  It didn't...(more on that later)

Wednesday was busy with more work on the basement, lunch with Robby to get Calin out of the house, and then very unsuccessful tub shopping with Robby that afternoon and evening.  

Thursday brought another day of basement work and Calin and I went out to try some more places for tubs and were finally successful! Robby and I went to his faculty Christmas party that night and left Calin (still sick and with no nap) at Grandma and Grandpa Comeford's to play with the cousins.  By Thursday I was pretty miserable and really didn't want to be out and had a hard time eating anyways, so I was not thrilled about being at Robby's faculty party. They did have a cool group perform some Mexican dancing though that was fun to watch.  By the time we got home, and got our poor tired and sad Calin (he cried most of the time we were gone), I was really miserable.  That night I went to insta care thinking it was strep throat.  The nurse and the doctor did too (I had had fevers all week and my throat was really red and swollen with lots of white puss pockets) but the strep test came back negative.  That was a relief cause I was worried about Calin and Robby getting it.  Now I am on antibiotics and slowly feeling better.  Thankfully the fevers have been gone for a couple days now and I can eat without feeling so nauseous and so much pain.  

Friday was rough because I had just started taking the antibiotic but was still feeling pretty sick.  Robby was really busy though trying to get some more stuff out of our basement to take to the dump and over to store at my grandmas barn. Calin and I tried to stay out of the way, but Calin just wanted to hang out with dad and see what he was doing.  It was a long day for all of us!  

Saturday we had another long list of things that needed to get done, but it started snowing in the morning and didn't stop all day long!!! Robby and Calin took advantage of light (er) snow in the morning and the better snowman snow and made a snowman over in grandma and grandpa's yard.  (our yard is covered in snow and leaves since our leaves had not come down yet but came down with the snow and we have not been able to clean them up cause the snow hadn't melted and now there is more!!) I took advantage of some time to take a nap since I was still not feeling super.  I was sad not to be outside with them, but glad to give my body a little extra rest time!  Robby caught these great pictures: 





Hugs!! 
During Calin's nap we finally got our tree decorated.  We have had the tree up and the lights on for a week, but had not had a chance to decorate.  Since we couldn't get the things done we needed to outside we decorated instead.  Calin woke up and went right to the tree to check things out!  Nothing is going to stay on the tree...He is already loving pulling off those shiny balls!! Oh well!







That afternoon we headed to Gracie's dance recital.  Calin did much better than expected and sat and watched several of the dances before getting restless.  When we came out of the recital we were surprised to see quite a bit more snow on our cars than when we went in an hour before.  The roads were covered with inches of snow, it was dark, and St. George was totally unprepared.  There are no snow plows, no salters, no one has snow shovels or brushes for their cars, etc.  Needless to say it was a disaster here! We headed over to Hollie and Jimmy's to have dinner and then by the time we headed home the snow had slowed down quite a bit and the roads were pretty dead so it was not too bad driving.  The roads were still snowy and icy though and so we were not surprised to find out when we got home that they were canceling all church meetings today.  Wahoo!! It was nice to know I would have another day to relax and have Robby home to help take care of Calin so I could maybe continue getting better.  

It has been a great day playing with Calin in our pajamas, helping Grandma and Grandpa Comeford get their tree up in their living room, watching a movie with Robby while Calin napped, visiting Tracee (she broke her arm falling on their driveway last night on her way to the recital and had to have surgery), watching the Christmas devotional, catching up on the blog, and enjoying some hot chocolate!   Glad for the rare beautiful snow in St. George and for the nice day to be home on a Sunday together as a family.  

2 comments:

  1. Calin looks like Erich in that last pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so behind-glad I finally had time to take a look at your week of snow!

    ReplyDelete