Saturday, December 7, 2013

Finishing the Basement...

With the addition of our new little one coming in March we needed to create some more space, organize, and declutter what is down in the basement.  It has pretty much been a dumping ground for all of Robby and I's stuff.  We have WAY TOO MUCH STUFF.  This will be good to help us get everything organized and cleaned up.  It will also be FANTASTIC to have the basement finished.  

Originally we wanted to do a lot of the work on our own and hire out the jobs we couldn't do.  However, as we got into the details we I realized that that was going to be way too overwhelming and time consuming and drive me crazy.  So we have hired someone and even with him I am still going to go crazy.  We have only been going for about two weeks and I am already sick of all this.  Steve is our main contractor and the one who is here everyday.  Thankfully it is only one guy most of the time but it sounds like his help is going to start being around this coming week and we have a lot of work coming up this week which means LOTS of people in and out of the house.  I didn't realize how much I enjoyed my quiet house for Calin and I to enjoy by ourselves until it was invaded.  Plus, I am doing a lot more organizing and calling than I thought I would do.  But, it will be done soon and it will be great!! 

Right when you come downstairs-this will be the family room.

The hallway with a bedroom straight ahead and another to the left.   A bathroom to the left and storage room to the right. 

The storage room. 

The back bedroom. 

The bathroom looking at it from where the other bedroom will be.  

View into the bedroom from the bathroom doorway.  
Here's to hoping the rest of this goes smoothly and we don't have too many more problems pop up than what has already come up in the last two weeks!! The last two weeks I have felt like I am on the Love It or List It show but only on the Love It side.  There's the lady (I don't remember her name) that comes in and does all the remodels in the house and she always comes to the family several times with hiccups and problems that are going to cost more money.  Yeah, that's how I have felt the last two weeks have gone.  Hiccups and more problems than expected.  Let's hope that part of this ends soon and we can just get the work done and have a finished basement!!

No comments:

Post a Comment