Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Waiting Game...

We are still here waiting for baby girl to make her arrival.  Most of the time I think this is a good thing because I still feel like I'm not ready (mostly because our house is still chaotic with the basement not finished), but when the uncomfortable nights and heartburn kick in then I start wishing she'd come right now!!  I have been doing a lot of chores and cleaning trying to get things somewhat ready for her arrival, but feel like I just can't get enough done! So I guess she better just come since I'm never going to be totally ready!  I guess we'll just keep waiting...

Here I am at 37 1/2 weeks.  I am 39 weeks today! 


Here are a few pictures to show the basement progress.  Not a whole lot since my last update, but the carpet really makes it look like things are coming together! 








Testing out the new carpet! 



Calin and Robby were really loving all the space to run around in.  Maybe we'll just have to leave it furniture-less and let Calin run to his hearts content!? ;) Here's to hoping our contractor can pull it together and get this job done before May!! I have been less than impressed with the time it's taken to get this basement done! (He said he'd be done by the end of February...)

Here's a few other things from our lives lately:

Calin loves to color and lately has been doing so like this or laying on his belly.
I am jealous...I can't wait to lay on my stomach on the floor like that again! 

Watching cousin Gracie's soccer game and copying everything cousin Preston was doing. 

Has had some attachment to his stuffed animals lately especially after a nap or when he wakes up in the morning. And yes he does have to have ALL of them in his arms.   That is the face he makes when we try to take them away...(actually he cries really hard and gets quite mad!)  

Trying on Dad's shoes before church one Sunday. 
 Nursery has been pretty hard on Calin the past few weeks.  We have been pushing him to get used to being left and have just been leaving him in there (bless the nursery leaders who put up with him crying most of the time!) hoping he will get better and better and more used to being in there on his own!  The hardest part is that I know he is exhausted because of 1:00 church and not ever getting a nap.  It all caught up to him this last Sunday (although he actually did a lot better this week) when we came home and had some dinner.  He was eating quietly and Robby and I were talking about things from church that day when I glanced over at Calin nodding off.  Here are a few of the moments we caught on camera.  I have not laughed that hard in a long time, poor kid!!






Here's to hoping my next post will be about our new baby girl!! :) 

3 comments:

  1. sleep. . .more important than food, obviously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a cute baby belly! I love the sleepy lunch video. I agree that 1:00 church is the worst. We had it when Andrew was 2, and I was able to get him to take a nap before church occasionally. I was grateful when we changed times though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sleep is ALWAYS more important than food. Thats why I never eat breakfast.

    ReplyDelete