Saturday, June 7, 2014

May Fun!!

May just kinda flew right by!! We were busy, but when I think back I'm not sure what we were busy with!!??  Here is a random collection of pictures from my i-phone of some of the things we've been up to.

Keeping Calin from smashing/pulling/pushing/squeezing/etc. Clara is a constant task.
He just loves her too much! 

Getting smiles from Clara! She loves to see others smile and will smile right back! We love those smiles! 

Unfortunately, this is a face I see a lot more these days, especially during Clara's feeding time.  Poor kid! He just hangs on my nursing pillow, always wanting something right as soon as I sit down to feed Clara.  I really do try to keep him happy and entertained.  He usually does good to sit next to us and read books.  

First time roller skating for Aunt Tracee's 30th birthday party! 
Mom and Calin at the skating rink! 
I finally got him to stand on the skates all on his own!!  It was not his favorite thing to do.
I think the skates were a little too big and not super comfortable.

Story time! 

They don't get to do this as much as Calin and Robby did, but we do try to
get Dad and Clara story time in as much as possible! 

Calin likes to take pictures if the camera is flipped on my phone so he can see himself! 


Chasing the kite at the park for our ward playgroup.  I have loved having this playgroup every
week to take Calin to play with friends and have time for me to visit too! 

Another playgroup day at a different park! 

Calin's soccer pose.  Thanks Aunt Becca for the awesome soccer outfit!! 


Calin likes to put his cars by Clara when we're playing.  I think it's his way of trying to get her to like cars.
 I think she will want to play too soon enough! 

Calin has been loving coloring outside with chalk.  He gets quite messy but is becoming quite the artist!!
The upper right picture is his moon.  Pretty good I think! 

Clara joins us outside while we color with chalk .  She is so good to just chill by us in her carseat and
then usually drifts off for her morning or afternoon nap!  

This was a moment on a day that had already been pretty rough.  Calin had been throwing lots of tantrums that day and I was already worn out!  I had leftover enchiladas that I was heating up.  I put them in the oven in the pyrex dish I had cooked them in.  I put it in straight from the fridge to the oven.  I took the pan out and put it on the counter.  I went to get one of the enchiladas out of the pan and the pan literally exploded...glass everywhere! It had flown at me, all over the counter, all over the floor, in all directions.  Thankfully (and a huge blessing), Calin was in his high chair across the room and Clara was in the living room, so no one got hurt.  I had a relief society activity to get to, so Robby ran to get some other dinner while I started cleaning up.  Calin then decided to spill his milk all over the floor.  It was just not my day! Robby saved us though and brought dinner home, cleaned up while I ate, and then took the kids so I could go to my activity.  It was a much needed break to escape for a while after a day like that! I love being able to stay at home with our kids, but sometimes it is really nice to have a break from it all and be able to have some time to myself!  


No comments:

Post a Comment