Saturday, December 20, 2014

Clara 9 months!

Clara 9 Months!! 


Weight 14.77 lbs (2%)
Height: 26.38 in. (14%)
Head: 17.1 in. (35%)


-Shortly after Clara turned 8 months she started crawling.  Throughout the month she picked up on it fast and is now a pro!  She can really move quick when she wants to get to something!


-Still no teeth

-Said her first words "hi da da".  We go to visit Robby on Wednesdays for lunch and when we got there I said "Clara say hi dad" like I usually do when we see him after we haven't for a while.  Right after I said it, Clara clearly said 3 syllables that sounded just like "hi da da".  We even had one of Robby's co-workers there who heard it and agreed.  We left it as a coincidence, because she didn't do it for a while, but then she started doing it again and I got her on video doing it December 15th.



-She also babbles "momomomom" but I haven't decided if there is any meaning behind it when she says it. 


-Her pickiness in eating is really starting to come out.  Before I just thought it was because she wasn't great at actually eating the food, but now she is really showing that she does not want certain things.  She purses her lips together and does a little scrunch face/head shake to show that she does not want it.


-Because of her above picky behavior we took to having a Clara eating cheering squad.  Every time she took a bite we'd cheer and get all excited about her eating.  This worked best when Dad was around and it also led to her learning how to clap!


-She loves cheering (holds her hand up and shakes it and does a little yea yea yea sound) and is a clapping pro.



-Wants to be down on the ground when we are outside and be a part of the action.  It's hard though cause it's cold and wet so I don't want her to get down and crawl around.  It's times like that that I'm excited for her to be walking.


-She still loves Calin and gets so excited to see him in the morning and after their naps.  She wants to play with the toys that he has (much to his dismay) and be apart of everything he does.  Calin also likes to have whatever Clara does and she is quite good at expressing her frustration when he takes something away from her.   




-She is a picky eater, but does have foods that she likes to eat.  Her favorites are bananas and sweet potatoes.  Even when she is really not in a mood to eat I can usually always get her to eat these two foods.  She also LOVES puffs and will gobble those up.

-Over Thanksgiving I started giving her little bits of table food (roll, mashed potatoes, etc)  and she really liked that.  We have slowly been adding little bits and bites of things we are eating and she seems to be really liking that.



-She still wakes up once or twice in the night.  I can usually feed her and she'll go right back to sleep.  Then she'll wake up around 6 or 7 to eat.  Sometimes she''ll go back to sleep after that for another hour or so and sometimes she is up for the day.  


-She is still taking 2-3 naps.  Her evening nap is still happening, but usually it is when we go somewhere at evening or right before dinner.  She still doesn't seem quite ready to give it up so I'll keep letting her take it!  If she doesn't get it she goes to sleep early, but then wakes up and it takes her a while to get back to sleep.  


-She still does not love books, but sometimes when she is in the right mood she will sit and read a book with me.  She doesn't have any particular favorites, but she likes the "BabyBug" magazines that my mom ordered for Calin.  We did get a book from the library that had a bunch of pictures of babies and she really liked reading that book.  


-She likes to look at our animal flash cards and the sheep seems to be her favorite.  Those cards helped us a lot in our drive up to Salt Lake for Thanksgiving! 


-She is out of most of her 3-6 month clothes but mostly because it got too cold to wear them so we had to pull out all her 6-9 month stuff that was warmer.  They are pretty big on her, but she will grow! 

-She is still wearing size 2 diapers.  


-She really likes to be standing up and when we put her down she makes her way to the edges of the room and pulls herself up on anything she can. 


We love our little Clara and have mixed emotions about her growing up so fast! I love to see her grow and learn new things, but am sad that she is not going to stay little forever. 

 Hopefully I remembered most of everything about our 9 month Clara since I am completing this post in January (December was busy and I got behind).  



1 comment: