Friday, January 2, 2015

December Happenings

December was a crazy month filled with all sorts of shopping, Christmas activities, listening to cinnamon bear, listening to Christmas music,  decorating the tree and house, putting up Christmas lights on the house, and much more.  The month just flew by! Looking back I realized I didn't get nearly enough pictures of videos of all the fun.  Calin was so great at singing lots of Christmas songs and I wish I'd gotten more of it on video.  We loved being able to share our traditions with Calin and Clara and create new ones.  It was a great to teach Calin (and Clara) about our Savior and the reason we celebrate each year.  He was so cute and would point at nativities whenever he saw one.  He was good at spotting them too even if it was not a traditional or obvious nativity.  He also loved all the Christmas books we got to read.  I think his favorites were Frosty the Snowman and Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer.  Those were some of his favorite songs to sing too. 

Here are some of the pictures I did take from our fun this month: 


Calin and Robby worked a lot on their "BMX dirt track" in Grandma Comeford's backyard. 


Building snowmen in the "Frozen" area at the Children's museum with cousins! 

Calin's snowman! 

Fun with cousins! 

Driving the mail truck with Dad at the the children's museum. 

Clara and I at the museum.  She hung with me in bjorn. 

Clara learned to clap! 

We had lots and lots of leaves!  They didn't all come down until the end of December. Dylan (Calin's neighbor friend) and
Calin had fun playing in them!  Calin loved to dive down into the leaves and hide.    

I spy...

The next afternoon Clara and Calin had fun playing together in the leaves!  

Clara was loving being able to be down on the ground getting to play with big brother! 

Love that sneaky little face! 

Calin got to dip chocolates with Grandma Comeford.  This was his finished box of chocolates! 

Cutie! 

We took lots of "selfies" this month to try and get some good ones for my families Christmas card.
Clara was NOT happy about this one. 

We had a Polar express themed ward Christmas party and Santa came to visit! Clara is not sure about this strange man.  

Calin however was sure, he was sure that he DID NOT want to go anywhere near Santa.
I finally got him this close but Calin was having none of it. 

Bike selfie! 

Funny face selfie! Clara just thinks we are all crazy! 

Calin photobombed Clara's selfie.  He's always trying to steal her thunder. 

Outdoor selfie! 

We went to the St. George temple with Robby's family to see the lights.
It was a fun evening with everyone.  We love having cousins to play with! 

Cuties checking out the lights.  

He was loving all the lights and was running everywhere around the temple grounds.  
When we got home from LaGrande there was one more surprise from Santa! A new kitchen.  Calin was so excited and loves playing with it!  He especially loves "picnics" with Dad! 

All the leaves finally came down so on December 30th we got them all cleaned up.  Calin was a great helper! 

Doing some dancing to ring in the new year at the Salley's New Year's Eve party.  

Calin dancing with Dad.  

Clara was loving this train and played there most of the evening.

More dancing.  Grandpa Comeford even got in on the action! 

New Year's kisses from my little girl! 

1 comment:

  1. So many funny pictures in this post!!! I love the selfies...

    ReplyDelete